Всеукраинская ассоциация инвалидов рассеянного склероза
Текущее время: Ср ноя 14, 2018 23:31:22

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Questions on modern PCs as DAWs
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб мар 24, 2018 14:10:39 

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.
HI,

I am currently a Mac user using Logic. My MacBook Pro is 6 years old and I am considering upgrading it. I could stay on Mac, and am still looking at that option, but they are expensive and restrictive in respect to upgrades. This is a hobby for me and I need to spend wisely.I used to run a PC DAW, running SONAR. I was forever battling driver issues, clicks and pops, and really had to keep the PC as a DAW only. That was over 12 years ago and I'm sure times have changed.If I went PC it would likely be a Scan build. I would need to change software and would probably go with Cubase as I have a UR22. My questions are about characteristics of a modern PC DAW: Ideally I would want to use the PC for more than just music; general internet duties, office and some development work. Is that a good idea with a PC DAW or do they still need to be dedicated and stripped back? A virus scanner is a must with a PC. But they can interfere with audio performance. What do you do about this?I had to rebuild my PC every couple of years due to Windows degrading. Is that still necessary? I was on Windows 2000. Does USB, and using USB devices when working with a DAW still cause audio dropouts? I had dreadful problems with USB! I ended up disabling all of the ports to get audio stability.Bottom line - have PC DAWs reached the point where they just work?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-

https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/view ... 07#p509711

Thanks

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Questions on modern PCs as DAWs
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс мар 25, 2018 02:29:48 

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.
Посмотри сайт фирми Roche (Швейцария)

Вернуться наверх

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа